Designed specifically for Graduate Engineers, and Engineers who would like to improve their UPS knowledge, this FREE training course will cover basic and some technical information related to specifying UPS systems for mission-critical applications.
This course has also been approved by CIBSE for CPD and will count towards your points.
We are currently going through the registration process with the “Professional Engineers Board” and we hope to have approval by September. Further information on this will be released closer to the Academy.
Refreshments will be provided throughout the day including lunch.
· UPS fundamentals: internal components
· UPS Topology; Standalone vs Modular. Choosing redundant and parallel UPS systems. Tier levels
· Availability considerations; MTBF & MTTR
· The VRLA battery and sizing a battery system
· Transformers and their use in circuits
· Fault clearance in UPS circuits
About the trainer
Alex Emms is Operations Director for Uninterruptible Power Supplies Ltd. Alex has more than 27 years experience of the UK power protection business and 17 years service at UPS Ltd.
Alex started out as a Field Service Engineer, progressing to Senior Engineer, Supervisor, Service Manager and now Operations Director.
This free-to-attend course is likely to be very popular, so book early to avoid disappointment.