Designed specifically for Graduate Engineers, and Engineers who would like to improve their UPS knowledge, this FREE training course will cover from basic to in-depth theory related to UPS technology used in mission-critical applications.
This course has also been approved by CIBSE for CPD and will count towards your points.
In addition to this, you will have complimentary access to the SS Great Britain, to enjoy at your leisure during breaks and/or after the seminar. A complimentary lunch will also be provided.
- UPS fundamentals: internal components including Lithium-ion batteries
- UPS Topology; Standalone vs Modular. Choosing redundant and parallel UPS systems.
- Tier levels and Choosing a UPS system; single, parallel & redundant systems
- Availability considerations; MTBF & MTTR Battery systems, design life & sizing
- Neutral-Earth reference point for UPS systems
- Transformers and their use in circuits
- Fault clearance in UPS circuits
About the trainer
Alex Emms is Operations Director for Uninterruptible Power Supplies Ltd. Alex has more than 28 years experience of the UK power protection business and 18 years service at UPS Ltd. Alex started out as a Field Service Engineer, progressing to Senior Engineer, Supervisor, Service Manager and now Operations Director.
This free-to-attend course is likely to be very popular, so book early to avoid disappointment.