Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) serve two distinct purposes:
1) To provide a break-free supply of electrical energy to protected loads in the event of a mains power failure, and in between mains failure and generator start up
2) To monitor and maintain voltage values to within prescribed parameters, condition mains power to negate the power snags associated with raw mains energy (such as sags and surges), and filter out unwanted problems (such as harmonics and electronic interference). It is important to ensure a stable supply - electrical equipment in use today can be sensitive to fluctuations in electrical energy. Such sensitivities can damage or break equipment leading to costly replacement or repair and disruptive downtime. In IT applications, it can lead to data loss and corruption, which could also be damaging to an organisation’s reputation and – ultimately – the bottom line.
UPS are designed for many different applications depending upon the following factors:
1) Size and type of load
2) How it draws its electricity from the supply
3) Whether it introduces a leading or lagging power factor
4) Whether it is a capacitive, resistive or inductive load
5) The operating environment in which the UPS will work
6) Load criticality
7) Redundancy requirements
Uninterruptible Power Supplies Ltd offers a complete range of advanced solutions and products for reliable power protection. The range include single phase, standalone units with built-in resilience, redundant UPS systems for mission critical applications, ancillary products that help to build a complete solution, a range of diesel generators, remote monitoring systems and all-inclusive handbooks that guide you through the process of choosing and using uninterruptible power supplies – everything to meet the needs of UPS applications today. In addition UPS Ltd also offer comprehensive and cost-effective service solutions to ensure your system is 'Always On'.
Our UPS and power protection systems are categories into the following applications:
Leisure and Sport
Broadcasting and Communications
Industrial & Manufacturing