UPS Ltd’s trained service engineers can be on hand to monitor your UPS systems during your annual IST (Integrated System Test) Black Building Testing.
Black Building tests are normally carried out to test for high availability, performance, business continuity plans and recovery capabilities in a disaster-like scenario. For example, the testing will result in the electrical power to the entire building being shut off imitating a street power outage.
Black building tests tend to be carried out to test one of the following:
Simulate a total power failure – leading to a complete power shut-down in a facility
Test the functionality of generators, simulating a total (external) power outage, replaced by generator-provided energy. This does not touch any equipment except generators, thus not causing any disruption to systems.
Why Is the Test Important?
Equipment loss of power can result in compromised:
- Product and equipment protection
- Staff convenience
- UPS Ltd offers skilled and qualified engineers to attend site during the test period to monitor the UPS systems
- Fully documented, procedures ensuring full traceability of all test events and actions
- ‘Safe Method of Work’ covering the Power Down and Power Up of a UPS and/or Generator
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies Ltd’s ISO procedures and certifications assure quality of service and compliance with health and safety legislation.